The 2021 Community Fund Grant selections have been made.
See this year’s grants here: 2021 Grants
See which projects have been granted through the years: Grants Awarded
See our Blog for monthly updates on the issues and people of Forestville. Most recent ones below.
• Skatespot Design, Farmers Market, Saving High Schools + More, September 2021
• Skatespot, El Mo Update, New Mural, MAC Meeting, Vaccine
• Save ElMo (Court Case, FUNdraiser) Hollydale, Vaccine
• Short-Term Vacation Rental Community Input Needed
• From the Desk of Fifth District Supervisor Lynda Hopkins, May 28, 2021
• Local Vaccines, Re-Zoning, Hollydale Breakfasts, 4th of July, Downtown Changes + More, June 2021
• Downtown Park Parking Lot Gets a Make Over
• Farmers Mkt, Fire Inspections, Chamber Grants + More, May 2021
• Grant Apps Open, El Molino Benefit, Colorful Forestville + More, April 2021
• Summer Visitors, Speed Monitors, Downtown Park Boardwalk + More, March 2021
• Rezoning, March Election Measures, Trail Upgrades + More, February 2021
• What needs our attention in Forestville? January 2021
• Hope is Upon Us, January 2021
Use our forms to make comments & ask questions.
Important Info from Our Fifth District Supervisor
Supervisor Lynda Hopkins sends out frequent emails updating constituents what is affecting the West County. On May 28th, she sent out 2 emails, both chock full of interesting information. The highlights re-published on this site are:
- BOS Approves $2.8 Million in Relief Funding for Businesses
- An Access Sonoma Broadband Action Plan
- Beautification project plan for 2022 in Guerneville
- State of California Re-Opening
- A Road Report – roads and retaining walls getting upgrades
- Find your evacuation zone
For more info, go to: Business Recovery, Re-Opening, Road Report, Evacuation Routes
Downtown Park Parking Lot Gets a Make Over
It will come as no surprise that once again the town of Forestville has DW Enterprises to thank for the recent renovation of the trailhead parking lot downtown. That’s the lot that the town has been using for decades to host all sorts of community events like the tree lighting or Farmers Market.
The New Boardwalk at
the West County Trailhead
The boardwalk construction on the West County Trail at the Downtown Park has been completed. Go to the Downtown Park trailhead to see it. Read more…
Photo by Iain Burnett
The below report is from May 2019’s Town Hall but the info still applies for the 2020 fire season.
Almost 200 Forestville residents attended the Town Hall Meeting on Sunday, May 19, 2019 to hear Forestville Fire Chief Dave Franceschi talk about Emergency Preparedness bringing examples of preparedness kits, emergency contacts, pamphlets, flyers and neighborhood maps. On hand were 6 other Forestville Fire Department’s crew. Get the resources you need. Read more…
L-R: Engineer Eric Gromala, Engineer Chuck Franceschi, Captain Michael Franceschi, Chief Dave Franceschi (Front), Firefighter Wiley Valley, Engineer Spencer Hansen, Captain Matt Eggleston
The West County Trailhead began on June 13 and will be done in two phases – Paved Trail Construction and then Wood Boardwalk Construction. This project includes completing the existing 13-mile West County Trail into downtown Forestville by constructing a 0.2-mile multi-use trail from Highway 116 to the current trail terminus near Pajaro Lane. Read more…
Regular Board meetings are scheduled every month.
Dates: Every 1st Tuesday of the month.
Anyone interested in attending is very welcome.
Contact: Board President Lucy Hardcastle for more information.