Community Grants Awarded
2010 Community Grants Awarded
In 2010, the Forestville Community Fund gave out $9000 in grants to the following:
- $3,000 towards the Forestville Youth Park’s landscaping project to provide shade trees, benches and a walkway for the Youth Park playground entrance.
- $2,000 to El Molino High School towards their tennis court renovation project used by community members as well as students.
- $1,900 towards repairing hazardous sidewalk conditions in downtown Forestville.
- $600 matching funds to the Forestville Food Closet Volunteers for the JD Kawai Downtown Beautification Project to pick up litter in the downtown corridor year round. Private donations from downtown merchants and individuals supplement this grant.
- $500 to the Forestville Chamber of Commerce to purchase and renovate a bike rack to be installed behind the downtown bus stop.
- $500 to install “No Overnight Parking” and “No Resale of Cars” signs at the lot adjacent to the Pharmacy lot, the Crinella Property.
- $500 to artist Rose Haladay to complete weatherization on the Forestville Town Mural located on the Pharmacy east wall.
• 1st Tuesday of mo.
• 5:30 – 7:30 PM
• Location: Zoom
• For more info, contact: