2012 Community Grants Awarded
In 2012, the Forestville Community Fund gave out $16,000 to the following projects:
- $1500 for the Digital Archives Project (Forestville Historical Society) to preserve old photos of our Town’s history;
- $1575 for the Forestville Wellness Center Expansion of Services Project; the expansion programs, if successful, will become self-supporting;
- $1880 for the J.D. Kaiwi Town Beautification Project (The Food Closet/United Methodist Church) for weekly clean-up of Front Street by the Food Closet; this is a matching grant for funds raised by Project;
- $3000 for the Forestville United Methodist Church Social Hall Project to purchase a new commercial stove for use by the Church but also by the Prime Timers and other community groups which regularly use the Hall;
- $8045 for the Firefighter Training/Community Meeting and Local Conference Facility (Forestville Fire District) to fund completion of this project which provides an accessible and fully equipped location for classes, meetings and small conferences for any group or organization in the area.