Town Meeting Notes from April 19, 2009 and Poll
(Followed by # of Groups Who Mentioned This Issue at the April Town Meeting.)
Water Issues — 6
• Quality of river water is very important!
• New sewer lines bring uncontrolled growth (Mirabel Heights an example)
• More wells drilled by vineyards lower the water table for residential wells
• Water in/water out???
Growth Issues — 2
• …And the high number of housing developments in Forestville
Traffic Problems — 5
• Congestion/issues with lanes
• Noise pollution in downtown (especially trucks traveling to and from quarry)
Having a more pedestrian-friendly town is important — 5
• Possibility of flashing lights on crosswalks?
116 Bypass Proposal — 4
• Needs to be functional for all, incorporated with downtown
• Pleasing design important
• Needs to be done soon!
Proposed roundabout at 116 and Mirabel
• Needs to accommodate large trucks
• Line of sight issues for vehicles approaching from the west
• Opportunity to design it in keeping with character of the town
Sustainability of Local, Small Businesses in Town — 4
• Economic issues for whole town very important, not just for the downtown development project proposed by Orrin Thiessen
Street Lights Downtown — 5
(using the $100,000 tax money paid to county by Forestville residents)
• We need them, especially in the downtown, and want them to be attractive (without increasing upward light pollution which reduces night sky visibility)
• Town Square is important! How are plans proceeding?
• Important to enhance and beautify the downtown now, especially landscaping & flowers — 2
• Development of Forestville Inn in keeping with the character of the town is important
• Importance of preserving Forestville’s history — especially featuring plants brought by early settlers
• Extending the bike path into downtown, and to Steelhead Beach — 2
• Providing for more trails and recreational opportunities — 1
• Our schools need financial assistance!
• Important to teach financial literacy in our schools