2019 Community Grants Awarded
$10,000 was available from contributions from our local quarries and others.
- Forestville Fire Protection District: Granted – $3,400
For the purchase of two water- proof two-way radios to assist in communication during river rescues, particularly needed during floods.
- D.W. Kawai Downtown Beautification Project run by the Forestville United Church: Granted – $2,200.
The money purchases perishables for their Food Closet and in turn recipients volunteer to pick up litter in downtown Forestville every other Monday.
- El Molino High School: Granted – $2,000
To help repair their basketball courts, which are often used by community members.
- Barbara Friedman of Cottage Massage: Granted – $1,000
For two 3’ by 4’ metal signs depicting the early days of Forestville as a beginning of a “history wall” for the town.
- Wood/Trappe Family: Granted – $900
To erect and decorate the annual holiday tree in downtown Forestville.
- El Molino High School: Granted – $500
To contribute to their Project Graduation fund to create a safe and sober graduation celebration.