See 3 MAC Messages Below:
• West County MAC Open Seats • Next MAC Meeting
• Guerneville Town Hall (Recording)
West County MAC Open Seats
Lower Russian River & Sonoma County Coast
(Municipal Advisory Council – MAC)
The River and the Coast Municipal Advisory Councils Representative Selection Process is now underway!
The Lower Russian River MAC and the Sonoma County Coast MAC representative selection process for 2022 are open now through October 31st, 2021. The Municipal Advisory Councils were established to advise the Board of Supervisors and other County decision makers on proposed projects located within the MAC and topics of interest relating to the Sonoma County Coast and Lower Russian River regions, provide a regular forum for citizen participation in the formation of advisory recommendations on those decisions and provide a bridge for communication between the county and local residents and businesses, and the general public on local government decisions affecting the Sonoma County Coast and Lower Russian River.
If you reside in one of the districts with open seats and you are interested in participating as the representative, please verify that your district has a vacancy and then complete the following application. Send your completed application to the 5th District Field Representative, Elise Weiland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is October 31, 2021.
Apply Here: MAC application
(Scroll Down Page)
Lower Russian River Districts with open representative seats:
- Pocket Canyon/Mays Canyon/Vacation Beach
- Rio Nido
Click here to view the interactive LRRMAC District map and find your district:
View the River MAC Map
(Scroll Down Page)
Sonoma County Coast MAC Districts with open representative seats:
- Bodega Bay
- The Sea Ranch/Annapolis
- Timber Cove
Alternate seats available: Bodega Bay, Fort Ross/West Cazadero and Jenner
Click here to view the interactive SCCMAC District map and find your district:
View the SCCMAC Map
(Scroll Down Page)
Purpose of the Municipal Advisory Councils
Specifically, the SCCMAC and LRRMAC provide a forum for public expression and for making advisory recommendations to the Fifth District County Supervisor on community support and outreach for residents in this unincorporated community.
In order to facilitate community engagement the SCC and LRR Municipal Advisory Councils shall include:
- Hold regular open and public meetings
- Study and analyze the advisory topics
- Keep the District Supervisor informed of any issues related to advisory topics within the community
- Provide recommendations on the advisory topics and annual reports to the Board
- Comply with the Sonoma County Municipal Advisory Council policies and procedures
Helpful Traits of a Good Municipal Advisory Council Representative
- Listens attentively and communicates clearly
- Is active and engaged in the community
- Does not become entrenched in their own opinions and beliefs
- Operates with the best interests of the community in mind
- Has prior experience working with organizations
- Is able to see the big picture
- Is effective in collaborative situations
- Has some familiarity with the Brown Act (training provided)
Lower Russian River Municipal Advisory Council
October 21, 2021
5:30 – 7:30 pm
In accordance with AB 361, Governor Newsom’s March 4, 2020 State of Emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors Resolution 21-0399, the River MAC meeting will be held virtually. The meeting will be on Zoom and on Facebook live, links below. After the event, videos are available both on Facebook and on YouTube under Sonoma County 5th District.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or One tap mobile :
US: +16699009128,,94599744563# or +13462487799,,94599744563#
Or Streaming Facebook Live on Supervisor Lynda Hopkins page https://www.facebook.com/supervisorlyndahopkins/
The River MAC welcomes you to its meeting. Your interest and participation are encouraged and appreciated. Questions and comments may be entered in the zoom Q&A or by raising your hand during public comment. Due to time constraints, public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker.
Download Agenda & Complete Agenda Package
(Scroll Down Page)
Call to Order: MAC Clerk/Mary Agneberg
Pledge of Allegiance
A. Approval of Agenda: River MAC Chair Pip Marquez de la Plata
B. Statement of conflict of interest
D. Consent Calendar
Approval of August 19, 2021 Minutes
E. Public Comment on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda. Comments are restricted to matters within the River MAC’s jurisdiction.
F. District Update from Lynda Hopkins
G. Regular Calendar Items
- Fire Safe Council
- Selection process for MAC representatives
H. Committee and Staff Reports
- Land Use Committee Report – Kyra Wink, Chair
- Status for LOK / Dubrava Permit and process for further engagement
- Report from September Land Use Committee meeting
- MAC Communications/Outreach Committee – Lisa Nahmanson, Chair
- Vacation Rental ad hoc committee – Vesta Copestakes, Chair
- Trash – Lisa Nahmanson, Chair
- Staff Report
I. Proclamations – No Proclamations
J. Call for agenda items
The Lower Russian River Municipal Advisory Council will make reasonable accommodations for persons having special needs due to disabilities. Please email District5@Sonoma-County.org or contact the 5th District Field Representative at 707-565-2866 during regular business hours at least 48 hours prior to the meeting to ensure necessary accommodations are made.
Lower Russian River MAC Meetings
Thursday, December 16, 2021, Location TBD, 5:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 17, 2021, Location TBD, 5:30 p.m.
Lower Russian River Land Use Committee
Monday, November 22, 2021, via Zoom, 5:30p.m.
Fourth Thursdays beginning in January 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022, 5:30p.m.
Guerneville Town Hall
5:30pm October 6, 2021 (Recorded)
Hear updates from Supervisor Hopkins, River MAC representatives, and Guerneville Fire Safe Council.
Topics to include unhoused and encampments, housing, and Johnson’s Beach.
Please click the link to view the recording: