Housing Element Update August 2023
The Board of Supervisors recently approved the 2023 Housing Element and EIR after much input from the public, and land holders of some of the proposed properties. Here is a synopsis of their decision for Forestville.
NO LONGER IN CONSIDERATION FOR REZONING:
- FOR-2 6898 Nolan Road (14 acre orchard between Nolan, Mirabel, and Giusti Roads)
- FOR-5 6475 Packing House Road (area around the old County Corp Yard)
- FOR-4 6090 Van Keppel Road (off of Covey Road)
APPROVED FOR REZONING:
- FOR-1 6555 Covey Road (Electro Vector)
- FOR-3 6220 Hwy 116 N (Between the County Corp Yard and Hwy 116)
- FOR-6 6250 Forestville Street (between Pajaro Lane and the sewer treatment plant, includes space for a skate park)
Please note these are not final numbers but as it stands there will be less than 160 units and with a potential increase in population for Forestville of under 400 should all sites on the Inventory List be developed. These properties must pass an Environmental Review, which for the Electro Vector site is questionable!
Thanks to everyone who wrote in comments to Permit Sonoma, attended meetings, walked neighborhoods and became involved. It DID make a difference so know your voice counts.