2023 Community Grants Awarded
$22,000* was available from contributions from our local quarries and others.
- Holiday Tree for the Forestville Community, Forestville Chamber of Commerce (Claire Trappe): Granted – $1500.
Erect, decorate, disassemble and remove Forestville annual Holiday tree.
- Brew Mural, Ricky Watts – Chris McDonald: Granted – $1000.
Commissioned art mural to repair and beautify downtown central wall.
- Ice Machine, Forestville Chamber of Commerce (Wendy Flowers): Granted – $2965.
To replace the much used Fire Department ice machine, no longer available for community nonprofit use.
- Tree Trimming, Food for Thought, Tom Lemmon: Granted – $1000.
Trim back Cottonwood trees on property’s edge.
- Forestville School, Forestville Union School District: Granted – $3000.
Garden Program Rebuild and restart a Tk-8 gardening program.
- Forestville Skatespot, Skateboarding Program: Granted – $2025.
After school skateboarding program in coordination with Forestville School ASAP (After School Activities Program).
- Forestville Food Closet, Forestville United Methodist Church: Granted – $2500.
To provide food to those in our community who need it most.
- Tankless Hot Water Heater, Hollydale Community Club, Inc: Granted – $2000.
Replace aging and inefficient hot water heater used for community events.
- Water Heater Upgrade, Forestville Youth Park: Granted – $1156.
Replace aging and inefficient hot water heater used for community and sporting events.
Total Funds Distributed: $17,146
* Balance of 2023 funds, $4,854 to be used for next year’s fund or for valuable or urgent Forestville community needs.
Thanks to Allen Taylor Poff for this colorful photo of the Brew mural.